- To help understand how NEP-2020 gives a vision of Higher Education and what are the key changes proposed by NEP-2020 in the current education system.
- To help participants to acquire the goal proposed in the NEP-2020 as an effective governance and leadership for Higher Education Institutions and would envision an education system rooted in Indian ethos that contributes directly to transforming India.
Description of the Event:
A webinar on Implementation of National Education Policy 2020 in Higher Education was organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) on Thursday, 11 November 2021.
Prof. (Dr.) Shravan Kumar, Dean (SLA) welcomed the Guest Speaker Prof. B.C. Mahapatra, Education, M.P. Bhoj (Open) University, Bhopal, Chancellor, Vice-Chancellors, Dean(s) and faculty members.
In the welcome address, Vice Chancellor Prof. Dharam Buddhi, accentuated on the fact that this webinar was going to add another feather in the cap of Uttaranchal University. He also highlighted that National Education Policy 2020 could transform India as an equitable and vibrant knowledge society through provision of high-quality education.
The Guest Speaker, Prof. B.C. Mahapatra accentuated upon the adoption of technology for smoothening the process of education.
The three pillars stated for NEP 2020 by the Guest speaker includes:
- Holistic multidisciplinary education at the undergraduate level; which will have rigorous exposure to science, arts, humanities, mathematics and other professional fields. It will help in developing well-rounded individuals.
- Breaking free from the rigid learning model, the students in higher education institutions will have multiple entry and exit points which would pave a way out for looping out the rigid semester system.
- Opening up higher education with collaboration to foreign institutions.
The key takeaways of the webinar were that of establishing a hybrid model of education with the blend of virtual and physical education. The National Education Policy, 2020 with use of technology will increase the gross enrolment ratio, decrease the drop-out rate, improve student mobility, equity and quality of education for students as well faculties.
The question-and-answer session was coordinated by Dr. Shravan Kumar, Dean- School of Liberal Arts. The audience asked various questions related to the aspects of NEP-2020, which was addressed by the Guest Speaker. The programme was arranged in the motive of sharing knowledge and practical experience of various eminent speakers, who has long years of experience in the field of education. The overall organization and deliverance of the webinar was helpful and satisfactory to the participants.