Vision, Mission & Objectives
- To be a world-class University in providing pre-eminent education experiences those are stimulating, responsive to the needs of the 21st century, nurtures talent and transforms the lives of millions through excellence in teaching, learning, training and research.
- To develop a Centre of Excellence for engineering, management, professional and vocational education as well as research at par with national and international standards. Reach a position of distinction by offering first-class education and serving the community in relevant areas of interest.
- Provide an educational environment where students can realise their full potential in their chosen discipline and attain quality education to face the challenges of the future.
- Providing a variety of high quality programmes both at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels for all specializations and disciplines.
- Provide a dynamic, challenging and ethical environment for pursuing high quality teaching, learning, research and service across all areas of University, where students, faculty and other key constituents can interact, collaborate and partner with the global community for creation and dissemination of knowledge and transform lives of people through innovation and excellence in higher education.
- Provide an effective outreach programme that accelerates the adoption of technology and extends educational opportunity for practicing professionals in Uttarakhand, the nation and the world.
- Serve the country with academically and technically sound human resource.
- To create centres of excellence for providing knowledge, education, training and research facilities of high order in the field of science, engineering, professional education, law and legal studies, dental, medical, paramedical, physiotherapy, pharmacy, commerce, management, education, humanities and other related professional education as per its current status and such other manner as may develop in future, including continuing education and distance learning.
- To impart knowledge and training in various fields at the undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels contributing to the development of the state and the nation at large besides facilitating the residents of Uttarakhand State for employability in the region so as to reduce flux of migration.
- Engage students in learning partnerships with faculty and the community as well as engage faculty and students in professionally related service to the university, the community and the society at large.
- To prepare and assist students in improving their future prospects through career and placement counseling and support, on-the-job training, industrial visits, presentations and group discussions.
- To bring education within the reach of the permanent residents of Uttarakhand by reserving 40% seats for the wards of the permanent residents of Uttarakhand for admission in all courses and providing them substantive concessions in tuition fee.
- Organizing extracurricular activities to develop sporting skills, promote literary and cultural interests, social service, national integration and discipline.