NCC SUB UNIT at Uttaranchal University
Uttaranchal University has a NCC SUB UNIT of Army wing (SD/SW) for Boys and girls attached to 29 UK battalion NCC Dehradun with an aim to provide opportunities to its students for their all-round development with a sense of duty, commitment, dedication, discipline and moral values to become able leaders and useful citizens.
NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all the walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces. The NCC is a youth movement that has enormous potential for nation building and has developed into a valuable auxiliary to the education system. The NCC provides exposure to the cadets in a wide range of activities, with a direct emphasis on social service, discipline, and adventure training. With the motto “Unity and Discipline”, NCC continues to inspire generations of students all over the country.
- NCC is one of the biggest youth forums which brings the vibrant students together and guide them in a proper direction so that they can play a constructive role in the development of the country.
- Students have enormous opportunity to show their talent and skill.
- Besides Military Training, they have an opportunity for adventurous activities which give them a wide horizon and keep them morally and mentally fit so that they become a well-disciplined citizen of the society.
- The students pursue adventure activities like Drill, Map Reading, Training camps, National integration camps, rock climbing and mountaineering activities etc.
For the selection of cadets, a three-stage selection procedure is generally adopted
- In the first stage, the students go through physical test
- A 800 metre running
- 20 Push ups
- 30 Bent Knee Sit-ups.
- In the second stage the height and weight standards of the students are measured.
- In the Last stage, shortlisted students from the above two stages were evaluated on a written test on current affairs and general knowledge.
Entire enrolment drive was supervised by 29 UK BN NCC, Dehradun along with University officials.
Batch I (2021-2024)
|Sr. No.||Enrolment Number||Candidate Name||Father’s Name||NCC
|1||UKSD/19/4125||CHANDAN SINGH RANA||BIRENDRA SINGH RANA||III|
|2||UK19SDA138690||UDAY SAH||CHANDRA PRAKASH SAH||III|
|3||UK21SDA101631||AAYUSH GAUR||KAMLESHWAR PRASAD||I|
|4||UK21SDA101632||ABHISHEK DEORARI||LALITA PRASAD||I|
|5||UK21SDA101633||AMAN RAWAT||SANJAY RAWAT||I|
|6||UK21SDA101634||ANUJ SHAH||SHAILENDRA SHAH||I|
|7||UK21SDA101635||BHUPENDRA CHAUDHARY||SANJEEV CHAUDHARY||I|
|8||UK21SDA101636||DEBARJUN BARMAR||DHANANJAY BARMAR||I|
|9||UK21SDA101637||ADITYA THAKUR||AJAY SINGH THAKUR||I|
|10||UK21SDA101638||DHANANJAY SINGH NEGI||KRISHNA NEGI||I|
|11||UK21SDA101639||GAURANG VATS||RAJAN VATS||I|
|12||UK21SDA101640||KAUSHAL PANDEY||RAVI SHANKAR PANDEY||I|
|13||UK21SDA101641||PRABHAT GURUNG||PRITAM SINGH GURUNG||I|
|14||UK21SDA101642||PRITHVI RAJ CHAUHAN||SUMANT KR. SINGH||I|
|16||UK21SDA101644||SHAURYADEEP SINGH||PRADEEP SINGH||I|
|17||UK21SDA101645||TUSHAR RAWAT||PRAKASH SINGH RAWAT||I|
|18||UK21SDA101646||VIPIN SINGH||VINOD SINGH||I|
|19||UK21SDA101647||VISHWAJEET JENA||ASHOK KR. JENA||I|
Faculty and Staff
- Mr Nitin Duklan Caretaker NCC,
- Mr Sarveshwar Prasad Permanent Instructor (Staff) NCC.