It has been very aptly said that a sound mind lives in a sound body. The importance of physical activity cannot be undermined at any age. Students need to channelize their physical energy in productive spheres. Important life skills are imbibed on the sports field, such as, leadership qualities, teamwork and coordination.
Uttaranchal University aptly renders platforms to develop this component of students’ life. Sports facilities for badminton, football, volleyball, table tennis, basketball, cricket and hockey have been built.
The University has constituted Central Sports Committee with member participation of faculty and students from its constituent colleges. The objective of this Committee is to organize intra-university Sports Events, organize Sports Activities in the annual “Uttaranchal Yuva Fest” and facilitate participation in external events. Students participate in intra-collegiate, inter-collegiate and inter-university sports activities with great enthusiasm. The students are encouraged to participate in district level, state level, national level and international level sports events.
Duties and Responsibilities of Sports In-Charge
- Shall act as organizing Secretary of any major tournament organized by the institute and shall have all responsibilities of its account keeping and report preparation and submission.
- Shell be responsible for proper conduct of coaching camps, team participation and their accounts and reports.
- To carry on correspondence on behalf of the committee with the outside bodies, e.g. Association of Indian Universities, State /District Associations and Other Institutions.
- To issue notices of all meetings, to record the minutes thereof, and to get the decisions implemented.
- To prepare requirements of sports material.
- To maintain the stock of all sports material and other item purchased.
- To represent the Institute as member on different sports associations of District/State.
Duties and Powers of Games & Sports Committee
- To organize, control and conduct all Inter-University, Intra-University, State-level and other major tournaments as well as coaching camps as deemed necessary.
- To specify minimum standards for teams participation in Inter-University, Intra-University, State-level and other major tournaments.
- To make necessary arrangement for procurement of sports material, sports kit and other recurring and non-recurring items needed for students.
- To plan and decide about maintenance of various playgrounds including Indoor game hall etc.
- To prepare and control the budget for all activities under its purview.
- To approve special awards on the recommendation of Sports Committee.
- To formulate/revise TA/DA rules for students participating in various tournaments and games/sports meet.
Uttaranchal University Sports Committee
|Sports Incharge||Members||College||Email I.d||Contact details|
|Dr. Atul Tiwari (Assistant Director – Physical Education / Sports)
|Mr. Sushim shukla
Mr. Prateek Uniyal
Mr. Farman Ali
Mr. somil kumar gupta
Mr. Avad Bihari Pal
Mr. Ashish Dimri
Mr. Ved Prakash Bhatt
Mr. Surendra Singh Bhakhuni
|President||Vineet singh||LCD||BA. LLB. V Year|
|Vice president||Chetan palariya||Applied Science||B.Sc. Biotech III Year|
|Treasurer||Gyanendra singh||LCD||BA. LLB. V Year|
|Co – ordinators||Aditi singh||LCD||BA. LLB. III Year|
|Co – ordinators||Anirudh Mukherjee||LCD||BA. LLB. III Year|
|Co – ordinators||Astha rana||Applied Science||B.Sc. Biotech II Year|
|Co – ordinators||Sachin salal||Applied Science||Physics (honos.) II Year|
|Co – ordinators||Tushar pant||UIM||MBA I Year|
|Co – ordinators||Kajal bhatt||UIM||MBA II Year|
|Co – ordinators||Ankita Bisht||SOA||B.Sc Agriculture III Year|
|Co – ordinators||Sange Wangchu Serthipa||SOA||B.Sc Agriculture V Year|
|Co – ordinators||Aman tomar||UIT||B.tech III Year (civil)|
|Co – ordinators||Mahak||UIT||B.tech III Year (CSE)|
|Co – ordinators||Minansha||UIPS||B. Pharma IV Year|
|Co – ordinators||Kumar gaurav||SLA||B.A. II Year|
|Co – ordinators||Ishika||SLA||B.A. II Year|