About Uttaranchal Institute of Technology
Uttaranchal Institute of Technology has come a long way since its inception providing world-class engineering education, fostering research, and evolving innovative applications of technology that ultimately mould the youth, capable of assuming leadership of the society.
Uttaranchal Institute of Technology is active in organizing Workshops and Seminars. Experts from reputed institutes and organizations are invited on a regular basis to deliver talks on wide-ranging topics. Uttaranchal Institute of Technology is committed to providing a high-quality academic environment that motivates the students to apply their knowledge and skills in different specialized fields, to produce new knowledge through academic research, and to acquire life skills. The Institute has a cosmopolitan environment that draws students from different parts of the globe. We have highly experienced Faculty Members who are strongly encouraged to nurture the hidden talents of students and help them to step out as world-class engineers, scientists, and great professionals. Its Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with industries ensures relevancy in classroom teachings, labs, industrial training, and placements and responds to industrial, economical, and professional demands and challenges.
Uttaranchal Institute of Technology has created a globally competitive and research-oriented campus that ensures academic freedom, meeting of bright minds and new discoveries.
Why Uttaranchal Institute of Technology?
UIT has a unique learning environment that encourages intellectual and creative growth. The institute has built up education culture that is in tune with the global vision of the 21st Century. Our study programs and doctoral programs have a special focus on research and project work for the industry.
- The campus is well conceptualized and planned.
- The institute is abundantly enabled with the provision of rich resource center in the form of :
- Centrally operated library
- Modern laboratories
- Experienced and well qualified faculty
- Innovative teaching methodology.
- We cherish the ideals of providing value-based technical education that would enable our students to achieve empowerment, problem solving skills, innovation and research.
- Our special focus is on student placements, hence we subject our students to rigorous placement training.
Vision & Mission
- To provide quality education, research, training and practical expertise that is stimulating and responsive to the needs of 21st century.
- To prepare students to excel in their profession by providing life long learning skills, sound theoretical knowledge, practical experience and all round development.
- To stress the importance of a vital sense of moral and ethical values and character building.
- To be at the zenith among leading Engineering Institutes in the coming decade and produce technical manpower of international standard and have an all pervasive environment of goodwill and credibility in the society.
- To provide learning friendly ambience, developing competence in diversified areas creating excellence in technical arena.
- To establish worldwide knowledge integration platforms by developing intellectual capital through research activities.
- To establish networks and linkages with industries and academic institutes of National and International importance.
- To ensure optimum use of resource through infrastructure sharing, industry interface, faculty and students exchange programs.
- To produce ethically and morally strong work – force who would contribute to the development of knowledge economy.
Dean’s Welcome Note
It gives me immense pleasure to welcome the students to the Uttaranchal Institute of Technology (UIT) of Uttaranchal University. UIT is offering world-class education in the field of engineering, fostering research and evolving innovative applications of engineering and technology that ultimately mold younger people’s capability of assuming leadership in society.
UIT offers UG and PG courses in the field of Engineering and Technology besides the Doctoral Program. It has set standards for engineering education. It’s dynamic hands-on experiential learning, outcome-based-learning based engineering education and flexible academic model, nurtures imagination, innovation, knowledge, skills, value, attitude and behavior. It creates engineers who are able to meet the real-world demands of their profession. Under UIT, student-centered learners improve experimental and problem-based knowledge. The UIT with an extracurricular activity that provides resources, mentoring and support to interdisciplinary teams of students to work together to create innovative and realistic changes that will contribute to positive change both locally and globally. There is a focus on recognizing teaching and learning.
Prof (Dr) Shiv Dayal Pandey
B.Tech. (Hons.) CSE with specialization in association with IBM:
- Cloud Computing – 4 Years
- Big Data Analytics – 4 Years
- Internet of Things (IoT) – 4 Years
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning – 4 Years
- Data Science – 4 Years
B.Tech. (Hons.) CE with specialization in:
B. Tech. (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering with specialization:
B.Tech. (Hons.) ECE with specialization in:
M. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
M.Tech. Environmental Engineering – 2 Years
M. Tech. Construction Technology & Management – 2 Years
M. Tech. Thermal Engineering – 2 Years
M.Tech. Energy Management & Sustainability – 2 Years
M.Tech. Internet of Things (IoT) – 2 Years
M.Tech. Drone Technology – 2 Years
Distinguished Faculty Members
Prof. (Dr.) Shiv Dayal Pandey
Prof. (Dr.) Sanjeev Kumar Shah
Prof. (Dr.) Arun Kumar Agarwal
Dr. Sunil Ghildiyal
Dr. Minakshi Memoria
Dr. Shushant Singh
Dr. Musheer Vaqur
Dr. Kapil Joshi
Dr. Pooja Joshi
Mr. Sanjeev Kumar Joshi
Clubs and Societies
Co-curricular activities are an important component of academics and Student Clubs And Societies serve as a perfect platform where students learn lifelong skills by conducting varied events fulfilling the objectives of their respective Clubs & Societies. The basic constitution of these Clubs & Societies comprises of students under the guidance of member Faculty Members. These Clubs & Societies are of the students, by the students and for the students. The constituent Departments of Uttaranchal Institute of Technology have the following Clubs/Societies: