Department of Food Technology
- Diploma in Food Processing & Technology -3 Years (After 10th )
- Diploma in Food Processing & Technology -2 Years (after 12th)
UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAM
- B.Sc. (Hons.) – Food Technology – 4 Years
POST GRADUATE PROGRAM
- M.Sc. – Food Technology – 2 Years
The food industry is one of the largest industries in the world and needs highly trained professionals to ensure the sustainable supply, quality and safety of food and food engineering. The objective of this course is to offer in- depth study of various areas related to Food Science and Technology so as to enable the students to understand food composition its nutritional, microbiological and sensory aspects. This program also trains the students in the processing and preservation techniques of food items .They are also taught about the importance of safety, quality, plant sanitation of food, food laws and regulations, and packaging in food industry.
The department has well developed infrastructure in the form of laboratories and up-to–date equipments like Milk testing kit, Refractometer, Dissolution Rate Test apparatus, pH- Meter, Clevenger apparatus, Potentiometer, Cloud & pour point apparatus and Sox let extractor.
Food Scientists: Food Technology students have good career opportunities to work as Food scientists who work on determining the quality of existing methods of food packaging and processing. The Food Corporation of India (FCI) offers jobs to large number of people in the purchase, storage, transport and distribution of food grains. Private enterprises market bread, fruit juices, edible oils and soft drink concentrates. Food processing companies and food research labs hospitality industry are also looking for expert degree holders in food technology. Government is mulling over adding five hundred more Food parks all over the country. This will generate more jobs for Food technologists.
- 10+2 examination with PCB/PCM.
- Minimum 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ST category)
- Admission is based on merit computed on the basis of marks secured in qualifying examination.
- University also conducts Personal interviews before admitting the eligible candidates.
Department of Allied Sciences
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Forestry
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Food Technology