About School of Applied and Life Sciences
School of Applied and Life Sciences (SALS) aims to provide quality education encompassing the varied fields of science. The Institute is committed to the goal of preparing a skilled workforce and be at the zenith amongst leading Applied Science Institutes in the country.
Highly qualified and experienced faculty is the prized asset of the School of Applied and Life Sciences. Laboratories and practicals conducted are updated to keep abreast with the changing higher education scenario. The state-of-art infrastructure supplements our academic endeavours. The college has a well-conceptualised and planned layout. The Centrally operated Library provides books and internet facilities to the students. Modern well-equipped laboratories help in meeting the practical demands of the students.
The curriculum of B.Sc. and M.Sc. programmes are designed as per the latest guidelines of UGC and follow a choice-based credit system. Presentations, theoretical & practical exposure to Computational Skills, English Communication, participation in extracurricular activities, and lectures on human ethics are additional advantages facilitating the overall grooming of students.
SALS focuses on the placement of students which is visible through our various efforts aiming towards providing exposure. We regularly organize Industrial and Educational Tours, Seminars, and Workshops to facilitate exposure to the latest techniques and processes being used.
SALS has a unique learning environment that encourages intellectual and creative growth in the field of Applied and Life Sciences.
The Institute has:
- Well-conceptualized and planned layout of SALS with state of Art labs.
- Research Labs equipped with best research equipments like UV-Vis, HPLC, FT-IR, XRD, SEM Lyophiliser, PCR, Gel Doc etc.
- More than 90% faculty members are Ph.D./NET Holders .
- Research Oriented experienced faculty members having more than 500 research papers in reputed journals and more than 50 patents.
- Best placement and internship with the collaboration of CSIR-IIP, CIPET, CPPRI, Himalayan Drugs, Sheron Biomedicines, IPCA pharma, Nature Essence, Ved Life Savers , etc.
- Competitive cell for preparation of NET, GATE, JAM, UPSC and other exams.
- Internship, Industrial and Educational Tours, Dissertation, Seminars and Workshops compulsory feature of Curriculum to facilitate exposure towards latest techniques and processes being used.
Why School of Applied and Life Sciences?
SALS has a unique learning environment that encourages intellectual and creative growth in the field of Applied and Life Sciences. Our state-of-art infrastructure supplements our academic endeavours. The Institute has:
- Well-conceptualized and planned layout of college
- Centrally-operated Library
- ICT enabled classrooms and Modern Laboratories
- Research Labs equipped with UV Spectrophotometer, HPLC, FT-IR, XRD, SEM Lyophiliser, PCR and other basic scientific instruments
- Research Oriented experienced and qualified faculty
- Competitive cell for preparation of NET, GATE, JAM, UPSC and other exams
Our special focus is on student placements which are visible through our various endeavours aiming towards providing exposure. We regularly organize Industrial and Educational Tours, Seminars and Workshops to facilitate exposure towards latest techniques and processes being used.
Vision & Mission
- To be at the zenith in the field of Applied and Life Sciences by nurturing scholars through excellence in teaching, learning and research with concern for environment and society.
- To Provide an educational environment where students can realize their full potential to attain professional skills and knowledge to face the challenges of the future.
- To develop competence in diversified areas to create excellence in academic, research and placement.
- To establish networks collaborations with industries, academic and research organizations to develop curriculum as per need of Industry and society.
- Harness the skills of the students and assist them to excel in their career by providing sound theoretical knowledge, hands on training, exposure to research and seminar.
- To Inculcate moral and ethical values for professional and social life.
Dean’s Welcome Note
I extend a warm welcome to all the students in School of Applied and Life Sciences, Uttaranchal University) which is a premier Institute in India to provide best quality education in various disciplines of Science with hands-on training, dissertation, industrial tours, seminar presentation and scientific activities. The Best quality education is provided with the help of well qualified , experienced and research oriented faculty members. Our labs are equipped with state of the art scientific research equipment like UV, FT-IR, HPLC, XRD. Students are provided sound knowledge of their course content with maximum practical approach with latest ICT tools. Our curriculum and syllabi are CBCS based, as per latest UGC regulations.
We organize Seminars/ Conferences/Workshops in every semester at national/International level. We have established the International Chapter of American Chemical Society (USA) in UU for promoting scientific activities and research. Our alumni are well placed in top organizations like Patanjali Ltd., IPCA pharma, Sheron Biomedicine Ltd., Indian Glycol Ltd., Jubilant Generics., Nector Life Sciences, Vita Sana Foods, etc.
Prof.(Dr.) Ajay Singh
B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics – 3 years
B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics with Research – 4 years
B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry – 3 year
B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry with Research – 4 year
B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics- 3 years
B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics with Research- 4 years
B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Technology- 3 year
B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Technology with Research – 4 Year
B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology – 3 Year
B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology with Research – 4 Year
B.Sc. (Hons.) Microbiology – 3 Year
B.Sc. (Hons.) Microbiology with Research – 4 Year
B.Sc. (Hons.) Forensic Science – 3 Year
B.Sc. Life Science (CBZ)- 3 year
B.Sc. Physical Science (PCM) – 3 Years
M.Sc. Physics -2 Years
M.Sc. Chemistry- 2 year
M.Sc. Mathematics – 2 Years
M.Sc. Industrial Chemistry- 2 year
M.Sc. Environmental Science- 2 year
M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry- 2 year
M.Sc. Food Technology – 2 Years
M.Sc. Food Nutrition and Dietetics- 2years
M.Sc. Biotechnology – 2 Year
M.Sc. Botany – 2 Year
M.Sc. Zoology – 2 Year
Distinguished Faculty Members
Prof. (Dr.) Ajay Singh
Prof. (Dr.) Bhupendra Singh Rawat
Prof. (Dr.) Poonam Negi
Prof. (Dr.) Bharti Ramola
Prof. (Dr.) Vineet Kishore Srivastava
Dr. Nishesh Sharma
Dr. Manoj Kumar Sharma
Dr. Amit Anthwal
Dr. Indra Rautela
Dr. Shalu Chaudhary
Dr. Waseem Ahmad
Dr. Vikas Kumar
Dr. Narottam Singh Chauhan
Dr. Rajeev Kumar
Dr. Rakesh Matura
Dr. Ajaib Singh
Dr. Sukriti Singh
Dr. Himani Badoni
Dr. Minakshi Rajput
Dr. Vinod Chandra
Dr. Sudhanshu Mishra
Dr. Ashish Tiwari
Dr. Sadhna Awasthi
Dr. Nidhi Sharma
Dr. Mamta Bisht
Dr. Ashish Rayal
Dr. Monika Singh
Dr. Mohd. Yasir Khan
Dr. Seema Singh
Dr. Pankaj Kumar Tripathi
Dr. Awadhesh Kumar Dubey
Clubs and Societies
Organizing and participating in co-curricular activities help the students to build up multi-dimensional skills and nurture their inner capabilities. The constituent Departments of School of Applied and Life Sciences have the following Clubs:
Dr. Amit Kothiyal (DGM- Sheron Bio Medicine)
Dr.Anju Rawat, Scientist-B, Patent Information Center (PIC), UCOST, Dehradun
Dr. Dhavendra Kumar, Professor, Cardiff University UK
Dr.M.S.Vlaskin,Professor Russian academy of Science
Dr.S.D Sharma,IFS,Deputy Director FRI Dehradun
Dr.Y.S Negi (Director IPT Saharanpur Campus IIT Roorkee)
DR.S.Farooq, President Himalayan Drug Company, Dehradun
Padamshree Dr. Anil Prakash Joshi
Professor. Raman Nautiyal, Scientist E, FRI, Dehradun
Professor. Vineet kumar Scientist-G, Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
Professor Kusum Arunachalam, Doon University