ABOUT THE CLUB:
Mosaic is a powerful metaphor to celebrate unity in diversity. The Club honours the ideas, customs and heritage of all the people around the world. The aim is to engage the students in the collaborative activities and events that help them to acknowledge the plurality of the society and cherish its rich culture. The Club promotes cultural exchanges and envisions a cosmopolitan idea of the world where every person fits together to form a beautiful mosaic.
The club aims to instil in students cultural sensitivities and sensibilities by conducting various collaborative activities. Students are encouraged to showcase their cultural art-forms and learn about others’ simultaneously. The club offers an environment for students to acknowledge and respect each other’s differences and similarities and thrive together harmoniously.
The organising and managing of events at institutional level will help students to develop the feeling of camaraderie among themselves and infuse leadership qualities in them. Students will be able to explore their creative, aesthetic, and unique sides of their personalities.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR OFFICE BEARERS –
- Students will be approved by the Club Coordinator on the basis of their performances in the faculty as well as in the University level
- Students will be judged / approved on the basis of certain qualities required to execute activities of the club i.e Integrity, Ability to delegate, Flexibility in performing tasks, Communication skills, Behavior, Self-awareness, Gratitude, Confidence, Discipline, Learning agility, Influence and Empathy
- Promotion of members will be done only by the Club Coordinator according to their overall performance of previous events in sight
- Application forms will be circulated for students to choose their choice of clubs before examining their suitability
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR CLUB OFFICE BEARERS –
- Students will be selected on the basis of their creative, aesthetic, cultural sensibilities
- Understanding cultural diversity and differences is a prerequisite to be a member of the club
- Respect for diverse cultures, people, their art-forms and history is also necessary
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving approach, time and stress management is required to execute activities and events
- The Club Coordinator along with the office bearers and the members of the Cultural Club are required to coordinate various activities, programs, events etc. of the SLA, and also any other functions of university whenever required and assigned for.
- It is to be ensured that there is maximum engagement of students and adequate utilization of their knowledge, interest, and skills for creative and optimum use for all cultural activities.
- To ensure discipline in all the events organized and to promote a healthy and interactive ambience in all events organized. It is mandatory that the members shall coordinate/cooperate with the heads, faculty and vigilance team and compile a report at the end of each event.
- To arrange/allocate funds from the budgetary allocation/student’s head by collecting affordable amount of funds from the students or get special sanction of the grant for buying & purchase of equipment, decorative items, etc. or to organize/promote events, competitions, festivals, tours, exhibitions, programs etc of different clubs.
- It is mandatory to decide dates and nature of the program scheduled beforehand by confronting with the concerned faculty. In case of rejection/any amendment from the authority, the same is required to be communicated to the applicant and the other members included in writing.
- The coordinator shall look after the communication and contacts with the other clubs of the institution for better exposure of the student members through cultural exchange programs.
Students’ Committee (2021-22):
|Designation||Name||Branch||Year||Email ID||Mobile Number|
|President||Ayesha Thapa||BA (H) Psychology||3rd||[email protected]||8077648590|
|Vice-President (Boy)||Arun Singh Negi||BA (H) English||2nd||[email protected]||7906283061|
|Vice-President (Girl)||Khushi Singh||BA||2nd||[email protected]||6395333455|
|Secretary||Akshat Kimothi||BA (H) English||2nd||[email protected]||9675612162|
|Joint Secretary (Girl)||Tanika Kanojia||BA (H) English||2nd||[email protected]||8979395337|
|Joint Secretary (Boy)||Sumit Dangwal||BA (H) English||2nd||[email protected]||9760116684|
|Shakshi Painuli||BA||1st||[email protected]||7819946490|
|Sakshi Koli||BA||1st||[email protected]||7252972946|
|Manan Gupta||BA||1st||[email protected]||6389857101|
|Sourabh Kashyap||BA||1st||[email protected]||9690421212|
|Month||Date||Name of Event||Objectives||Remarks (in case of holiday, exam etc.)|
|October 21||Induction Programme|
|November 21||20th Nov||Face painting competition||To celebrate World Heritage Week and spread awareness regarding the importance of preservation of cultural heritage and monuments|
|December 21||11th Dec||Symposium||To spread about human rights and true meaning of freedom|
|January 22||21st to 22nd||Cultural Exhibition||To honour the initiative of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat|
|February 22||19th feb||Yuvaan||Annual fest of SLA.
The idea this year is to celebrate the relationship between Culture and Language
|26th feb||Collage making competition||Enable students to think creatively and present their ideas of an equitable, sustainable world through art on the occasion of the World Peace and Understanding day|
|March 22||19th March||Folk Fusion||Celebrating diverse art-forms including dancing and singing on the occasion of International day of Happiness|
|26th March||Rangmanch||To mark the World Theatre day, the club will organise events like skit, stand-up acts, slam poetry etc|
|April 22||23rd April||Best out of waste projects||To cherish the three 3Rs on World Earth Day|
|May 22||7th may||Collage making competition||To honour the history of May Day|
|June 22||18th june||Fête de la Musique||To celebrate World Music day by encouraging students to perform in their own languages and styles|
|July 22||9th july||Debate competition||To acknowledge India’s demographic dividend and discuss opportunities and challenges of India’s growing population on World Population day|