The Ph.D. Research program is being offered in the following fields of study:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Food Science & Nutrition
- Food Technology
- Computer Applications
Full Time: 3 Year Minimum
Part Time: 4 Year Minimum
Eligibility: An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. program of the University.
- A Master’s degree from a recognized University in a relevant field (in Engineering/ Technology/Applied Science/Humanities/Social Sciences/Commerce/ Law/Management etc., with not less than 55% marks in aggregate or B Grade on UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed). A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 45%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. coursework with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- A person whose M.Phil. The dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. program of the same Institution.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
A: Full Time Mode
|1.||Registration Fee (One Time) in 1st Semester||50,000|
|2.||Enrolment Fee (One Time in 1st Semester)||5,000|
|3.||Tuition Fee, Semester 1||50,000|
|4.||Tuition Fee, Semester 2||50,000|
|5||Tuition Fee, Semester 3||50,000|
|6||Tuition Fee, Semester 4||50,000|
|7||Tuition Fee, Semester 5||50,000|
|8||Tuition Fee, Semester 6||50,000|
|9||For Extra Semester||50,000|
|10||Thesis Submission (at the time of Submission)||25000|
|11||Degree, Convocation & Alumni Fee (at the time of Submission)||4,000|
B: Part Time Mode
|1.||Registration Fee (One Time) in 1st Semester||50,000|
|2.||Enrolment Fee (One Time) in 1st Semester||5,000|
|3.||Tuition Fee, Semester 1||37,500|
|4.||Tuition Fee, Semester 2||37,500|
|5.||Tuition Fee, Semester 3||37,500|
|6.||Tuition Fee, Semester 4||37,500|
|7.||Tuition Fee, Semester 5||37,500|
|8.||Tuition Fee, Semester 6||37,500|
|9.||Tuition Fee, Semester 7||37,500|
|10.||Tuition Fee, Semester 8||37,500|
|12||Thesis Submission (at the time of Submission)||25000|
|13||Degree, Convocation & Alumni Fee (at the time of Submission)||4,000|
Note: In case the Scholar in unable to submit his/her Thesis within the prescribed time frame and his/her research is extended then, he/she will pay for each extended semester as per his/her mode.
- All the applicants shall have to appear for Uttaranchal University Entrance Examination (UUEE). The validity of the UUEE shall be for one year. Candidates may be provisionally enrolled if they are selected through the UUEE entrance test followed by an interview by a sub-committee comprising at least 5 members of the RDC as constituted by the Vice-Chancellor. The registration shall only be confirmed after satisfactory completion of the course work and approval of the research plan/synopsis on the basis of the presentation given by the candidate before the RDC.
- Students who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder will be exempted from Entrance Examination only. However, students those have admitted in M.Phil. programme through valid entrance examination will be exempted from UUEE. Such students have to appear in the interview before a sub-committee comprising at least 5 members of the RDC as constituted by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Candidates shall be provisionally enrolled if they are selected through the UUEE entrance test followed by an interview by a sub-committee comprising at least 5 members of the RDC as constituted by the Vice-Chancellor. The registration of such provisionally enrolled candidates shall only be confirmed after satisfactory completion of the course work and approval of the research plan/synopsis on the basis of its presentation before the RDC.
- University shall decide on year to year basis the number of Ph.D. scholars to be admitted programme/faculty-wise depending on the number of available Research Supervisors and other academic and physical facilities available, the norms regarding the scholar- teacher ratio, laboratory, library and such other facilities. University will notify the number of seats for admission, subject/discipline-wise distribution of available seats, criteria for admission, procedure for admission, examination centre(s) where entrance test(s) shall be conducted and all other relevant information well in advance for the benefit information of the candidates/other stakeholders/public at large.
- University will follow the reservation policy of the Central Government/Uttarakhand State Government for admission in Ph.D. programme in place and formulated from time to time.
University shall admit candidates by a two-stage process, through:
- An Entrance Test with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% of research aptitude (subject specific). The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centre(s) notified in advance (changes of Centres, if any, shall also be notified well in advance).
- An interview/viva-voce to be organized by the University where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted RDC.
The interview/viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the University.
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- The University shall maintain the list of all the Ph.D. registered students on its website on year-wise. The list shall include the name of the registered candidate, topic of his/her research, name of his/her supervisor/co-supervisor, date of enrolment/registration.
- The Research Scholars shall be registered under the category of Full-Time/Part-Time/Sponsored Research Scholars.
- All the supporting documents are subject to verification by the competent authority before confirming admission in the Ph.D. programme. In the absence of any requisite documents, a candidate will be granted provisional admission in the Ph.D. Programme, which is subjected to cancellation, if not found fit at a later stage. Under this type of case, the fee submitted by the candidate shall stand forfeited.
- Applications of Foreign Nationals can also be considered for registration as Research Scholar(s) provided:
- His/her qualification is at par with the qualification stipulated by MHRD or any nodal/statutory body of the country for Ph.D. programme.
- The candidate shall be required to apply for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of the University on a prescribed proforma along with the prescribed application fee as given in the regulations.
- They shall also attach to the application attested copies of required certificates and Synopsis in English along with a copy of Passport.
- Entrance Examination will be normally conducted twice a year and two admission cycles consecutively.
- The application of Foreign Nationals shall be accepted on the basis of their synopsis submitted with the application form. If the synopsis is not found suitable by the RDC, the application shall be liable to be rejected.
- Candidate shall be interviewed by the concerned Sub-Committee, comprising of at least 5 members to be chosen from the RDC, constituted by the Vice-Chancellor and their registration shall be confirmed after satisfactory completion of the prescribed course work and approval of research plan/synopsis on the basis of his/her presentation before the respective RDC.
- All Foreign Nationals admitted to the Ph.D. Programme shall also have to complete the course work offered by the University.
You may apply for this course either online or by sending the completed registration form.