M.Sc. Food Nutrition and Dietetics provides concepts related to human nutrition and dietetic practice. It develops advances skills to pursue research in the field of human nutrition and dietetics. The course is suitable for those who have patience and genuine concern for fellow beings, planning & administrative skills, organizational ability and good communication skills. The aspirant should have an interest in food preparation and should be capable of creating awareness regarding health improvement, prevention of diseases and control of existing ailments.
The employment areas open for a postgraduate in Food Nutrition and Dietetics include Government Sector, Hospitals, Health Departments, Schools & Colleges, Factories, Sports & Health Clubs, Hostels, Teaching, Research & Development, Mass Media, Gyms & Slimming Centers, Private Consultancy and the like. The student can opt for the job profile of Clinical Dietitian, Management Dietitian, Consultant Dietitian, Community Dietitian, Nutrition Research Scientist, Nutrition Product Manager, Nutrition Sales Executive, Trainee Nutrition Sales Executive, to name a few.
B.Sc. degree in any branch of life science/Clinical Nutrition/ZBC/Mathematics/Biotechnology/Food Technology/Food Science & Technology/Microbiology/Home Science/Agriculture/Horticulture or equivalent. 50% marks for general and 45% for SC/ST category.
Note: Candidates awaiting their graduation’s result are also eligible to apply on provisional basis.
- There shall be 30 seats for M.Sc. Food Nutrition and Dietetics.
- The admissions shall be done on the basis of merit/ entrance test as per the University rule for admission to P.G. courses.
- There will be no weightage of any P.G. Degree/ Diploma courses.
- Out of total intake 40% seats are allotted to students of Uttarakhand state under state quota and rest are open to students from all over India.
- Uttarakhand domicile students would be granted 26% rebate in Tuition Fee.
You may apply for this course either online or by sending the completed registration form.