Food industry is one of the largest industries in the world and needs highly trained professionals to ensure the sustainable food supply, quality and safety of food and food engineering. The objective of this course is to offer in-depth study of various areas related to Food Science and Technology so as to enable the students to understand food composition, its nutritional, microbiological and sensory aspects. This program also trains the students in the processing and preservation techniques of food items .They are also taught about the importance of safety, quality, plant sanitation of food, food laws and regulations and packaging in food industry.
The students of Food Technology have fine career opportunities and can work as food scientists who work on determining the quality of existing methods of food packaging and processing. The Food Corporation of India (FCI) offers jobs to large number of people in the purchase, storage, transport and distribution of food grains. Food Processing Companies, Food Research Labs and Hospitality Industry are also in constant lookout to hire expert degree holders in Food Technology.
B.Sc. degree in any branch of life science/Clinical Nutrition/ZBC/Mathematics/Biotechnology/Food Technology/Food Science & Technology/Microbiology/Home Science/Agriculture/Horticulture or equivalent. 50% marks for general and 45% for SC/ST category.
- There shall be 30 seats for M.Sc. Food Technology
- The admissions shall be done on the basis of merit/ entrance test as per the University rule for admission to P.G. courses.
- There will be no weightage of any P.G. Degree/ Diploma courses.
- Out of total intake 40% seats are allotted to students of Uttarakhand state under state quota and rest are open to students from all over India.
- Uttarakhand domicile students would be granted 26% rebate in tuition Fees.
You may apply for this course either online or by sending the completed registration form.