The science of Biotechnology studies how Biology can be used with technology to create different forms and systems to secure maximum benefit for living organism. This science consists of using living cells and bacteria in the industrial process Biotechnology is interdisciplinary because it studies Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology, Genetics Engineering and Food Technology. The programme also involves the study of agriculture science, health and medicine, soil science and soil conservation, cell Biology, cropping system and crop management, plant physiology, ecology, bio-statistics, seed technology, etc. Biotechnology is highly research-oriented subject.
- 10+2 examination with PCB/PCM/Biotechnology or equivalent.
- Minimum 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST category)
- The admission is based on merit, computed on the basis of marks secured in Qualifying Admission is based on merit computed on the basis of marks secured in qualifying examination. University also conducts interviews of all applicants before admitting the eligible candidates.
- Out of the total intake, 40% seats are allotted to students of Uttarakhand under the State Quota and the rest are open to students from all India. In case the allotted percentage of seats of State Quota remains vacant, it will be filled by All India students.
- Note: 26% Scholarship in Tuition Fee is offered to Uttarakhand Domicile Candidates
You may apply for this programme either online or by sending the completed registration form.