BSc Nursing is a four-year undergraduate programme offered by Uttaranchal University to prepare students to assume responsibilities as competent nurses in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services. The programme enables the students to apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioural sciences in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities. We offer broad based nursing education within an academic framework specifically directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competencies & standards required for practice of professional nursing and midwifery.
Nurses are the pillar of the healthcare sector and comprise two-thirds of the health workforce in India. Keeping in mind the evolving and changing roles of nurses, the program ensures quality of education and clinical exposure to nursing students to prepare them to become exemplary citizens by adhering to a code of ethics and professional conduct in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations so as to respond to national aspirations.
Scope of Nursing:
The programme enables students to practice and work in a wide range of healthcare settings, including schools and universities, hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centres, physicians’ offices, diagnostic clinics, relief/medical camps, railway hospitals, and national defense bases of army, air force, navy. Any student after graduating from UCN, s/he may opt following career possibilities:
- General nurse practitioner
- Gerontological nurse practitioner
- Pain management nurse
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Certified nurse midwife
- Family nurse practitioner
- Informatics nurse, and many more…
UCN puts a great emphasis on undertaking research to find evidence to support new nursing interventions. The nurses can contribute towards strengthening systems to work efficiently in interdisciplinary teams. They can effectively participate and influence policies related to nursing at local, state and national levels.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 50% marks from recognized boards under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board. For SC/ST/OBC, a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together.
- Students shall be medically fit.
- Students appearing in 10+2 examinations in Science conducted by National Institute of Open School with 50% marks.
- Students shall be admitted once in a year.
- Admission is based on merit, computed based on marks secured in NEET/Qualifying Examination/Performance of candidates in the personal interview
- Out of the total intake, 50% of seats are allotted to students of Uttarakhand under the State Quota and the rest are open to students from All India. In case the allotted percentage of seats of State Quota remains vacant, it will be filled by All India students.
- 1.26% Scholarship in Tuition Fee is offered to Uttarakhand Domicile Candidates
Contact Us: 6375345540
You may apply for this course either online or by sending the completed registration form.