Law College Dehradun, in collaboration with International Law Students Association (ILSA) Washington DC, is all set to organize ‘First National Legal Essay Competition & Symposium’ in ILSA LCD Chapter on 13 August, 2018 under the aegis of Moot Court Society of the college. The competition is themed on International Law Regime and envisages to promote and develop the ability of a student to think in a Global Legal Perspective. The theme has a global relevance so as to encourage the participant’s freedom to analyze and convey their thoughts and come out with probable solutions.
- Every essay shall be evaluated on a scale of 100.
- The criteria for evaluating an essay shall be:
Clarity of Thought and Originality: 20
Proper and Articulate Analysis: 20
Organization and Presentation: 20
Grammar and Language: 20
The Result of the Essay Competition shall be declared in the Symposium by the Expert Panelists on 13th August 2018. The TOP TEN ENTRIES shall be adjudged at the symposium. The “Winner”, “1st Runner-up” & “2nd Runner-up” will also be declared by the Expert Panelists presiding over the symposium.
The awards shall be as:-
(1) The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared as the “Winner” and shall be awarded a medal and a cash prize of INR 25,000/-
(2) The author with the second highest score in an essay will be declared as the “1st Runner-up” and shall be awarded a medal and a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
(3) The author with the third highest score in an essay will be declared as the “2nd Runner-up” and shall be awarded a medal and a cash prize of INR 10,000/-
(4) TOP TEN ENTRIES shall be awarded a CERTIFICATE OF MERIT.
(5) Participation Certificate in Essay Competition upon the successful Submission of his/her Essay.
(6) Certificate of Participation in the Symposium upon his/her attending the symposium.
For further details refer:
Facebook Page: lcdilsachapter