“Uttaranchal University Awarded The Best University in North India“
- The academic standard of any educational institution is assessed by the performance of its students. Uttaranchal University motivates its students to assimilate the knowledge and technical skills needed for a successful professional life. It goes to the credit of the teaching methodology and the pedagogy of the University that the students have been excelling in their fields.
- Our course curricula enables our students to expand their knowledge and skills, express their thoughts clearly, grasp abstract concepts and theories, and increase their understanding of the world and their community. Our training helps the students to develop their understanding of conceptual and analytical frameworks in professional practices.
- Uttaranchal University is working closely with top notch companies from across the wide spectrum of the industrial sector and creating academia- industry interface. The industry interface consists of summer training, internship, industry interaction programs, seminars, workshops and guest lectures from experts. These activities offer the students opportunity to observe the structure, production process, the organizational traits and the business environment of the industry. Students are also able to learn soft skills and create analytical abilities.
- University has series of well designed, buildings for conducting academic programs in Engineering, Management, Legal Studies, Pharmacy, Applied Sciences, Life Sciences Agricultural Sciences, Mass Communication & Journalism and Hotel Management. Smart classrooms are flitted with video projector systems. Engineering laboratories are fitted with latest equipments of high quality.
- University Computer Centre has a number of high performance computing facilities and state-of-the-art servers. University has 4 G Wi-Fi connectivity to offer high speed 24×7 internet access on the campus through 1000 mbps fiber optics network.
- University Central Library is one of the leading university libraries in the state of Uttarakhand. The Library is automated to ensure that the resources are easily accessible from anywhere, at any point of time.
- Air conditioned auditorium, with attached lounge and restaurant.
- Eleven on-campus hostels with living facility for 2000 students. Separate hostel facility for boys for girls.
- Other noteworthy infrastructure facilities are Medical Facility, Food Court, Cafeteria, Shopping Arcade, Banking Facility and Sport Fields.
- University campus is well connected via public and private transport.
Uttaranchal University campus is located in Dehradun, the capital city of Uttarakhand State; nestled on the foothills of the Himalayas and situated between India’s two mightiest rivers — the Ganges in the east and the Yamuna in the west. The city is famous for its picturesque landscapes, greenery, clean environment and milder climate.
Dehradun is one of the greenest cities of India. A self-contained city equipped with all hi-tech facilities [Medical | Hospitality / Transportation / Communication system] and with a strong administrative support in the district, makes it one of the safest cities of India. The city has well maintained law and order situation and enjoys great social harmony.
Dehradun also hosts a large number of festivals and fairs that makes it a perfect place for the blending of art and culture. The city can proudly claim to have fostered a cosmopolitan culture due to its proximity to the national capital; New Delhi and places of religious significance like Rishikesh and Haridwar. These places attract thousands of foreign tourists every year.
Campus Security Safeguards:
Preserving campus safety requires strict vigilance and implementing protective measures. Uttaranchal University has taken number of steps to ensure that students are secure on campus. Several CCTV Cameras are installed both within and without the different blocks in the campus.
University has set up a Security Department that consists of the supervisors on patrol, uniformed gate supervisors, and uniformed patrol personnel on foot and bicycle patrol. They maintain high security presence on campus; respond immediately to reports of suspicious activity and conduct building safety inspections on a regular basis. University has also set curfew times for students; for leaving the university campus. All the students have been issued Identification Cards to get access to the campus.
University security system includes:
- Conducting routine foot and mobile patrols of campus grounds and monitoring campus environment.
- Enforcing campus rules/regulations.
- Security check of visitors at entrance points.
- Cooperation and vigilance of all students, faculty and staff.