“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.” – Louis
Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University, organised National Article Writing Competition on 4 June, 2020, under the aegis of L’Amour. Vasundhara-The Green Society. The event was conducted in online mode. The main theme was “Global Emergency: The greatest pandemic”. We all know that the whole world is fighting through the pandemic, namely “Coronavirus (COVID-19)” and it is important to share knowledge, information, and personal opinion regarding this crucial time. The National Article Writing Competition under the main theme, ‘Global Emergency: The greatest pandemic’ constituted ten sub-themes as follows.
- Impact on capital market in India.
- Impact of COVID-19 on global insolvency regimes.
- Repercussions of lockdown on migrants.
- Impact and role of mass media.
- Risk and resilience in family well-being during COVID-19.
- Pandemic and international humanitarian law.
- Justification of imposing Article 144 in various parts of the country.
- In the COVID-19 world, technology is a key for finance.
- Legal implication of Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
In the competition, 63 participants participated. Each one of the Articles was extremely marvellous and enriched in knowledge. Participants’ research and drafting skills were so brilliant that it was difficult to announce the result. But it is important to find the best out of all. The results of the National Article Writing Competition were:
- I position – Lynessa Lynette Linson
- II position – Kartik Pandey