A Workshop on Cancer Awareness was organized by Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University, on 28th November, 2017. Dr. Sunil Saini, Director of Cancer Research Institute, Himalayan University was the Chief Guest while experts from Himalayan University, Government Medical College Dehradun, Subharti University, Ganga Prem Hospice, Rishikesh, Max Hospital Dehradun, JASCAP Mumbai & Sahyog Kendra Dehradun actively participated in the event. On this occasion, Jeet Foundation Mumbai along with Sahyog Kendra Dehradun organized a panel discussion in which aspects of prevention and treatment of cancer were thoroughly analyzed.
In his address Hon’ble Chancellor of the University stated that joint efforts must be initiated to contain dangerous diseases like cancer. He outlined the need of organizing regular workshops on cancer. In the course of discussion, President of Sahyog Kendra Dehradun, Shri Ravi Kant Sharma, explained the positive role of Yoga in the treatment of cancer.
Summarizing the panel discussion, Dr. Sunil Saini maintained that Cancer has direct relationship with a disciplined life. He said that human lifestyle related awareness and dietary habits have a symbiotic relationship with the occurrence of cancer. He further maintained that Cancer is not a communicable disease and people need not fear this disease. Appropriate and timely treatment is required to control it effectively. He also stressed on the treatment and prevention aspects of the disease.
- Dr. Sunil Saini Director, Cancer Research Institute, SRHU, Dehradun
- Mr. K. V. Ganpathy CEO, Jeet Association for Support to Cancer Patients (Mumbai)
- Dr. Navneet Jain Asstt. Prof. (Surgical Oncology) Govt. Medical College, Doon Hospital Dehradun
- Dr. Chitra Rajendran Volunteer (Palliative Care) for Ganga Prem Hospice Rishikesh, Heading Unit of Palliative Care in Malaysia
- Mr. Parikshit Rawat Physiotherapist, Max Super Speciality, Hospital, Dehradun
- Dr. Manshi Ghosh Radiation Oncologist, Govt. Medical College, Doon Hospital, Dehradun
- Mr. Ravi Kant Sharma President Sahyog Kendra, Dehradun
- Dr. Ansika Arora Asstt. Prof. (General & Onco Surgery) Cancer Research Institute, SRHU, Dehradun
- Dr. Aditi Chaturvedi Prof. (Pharmacology) Shri Dev Suman Subharti Medical College, Dehradun