- Only enrolled Students, Researchers, Faculty and Staff as registered members are permissible to use Library and its resources.
- Registered Members should produce their Identity card for library transactions.
- Some eminent academicians/scholars and other dignitaries may be enrolled as Special members on the recommendations of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Books are issued for fifteen days except reserve books which are issued for overnight use only.
- Students can reserve books through Web OPAC.
- Books in demand may not be renewed.
- Readers are responsible for books issued against their names.
- Library reserves the right to recall any issued book even before the due date.
- The material such as rare books, theses, dissertations, loose issues of periodicals etc. marked for consultation shall not be issued.
- Borrowers must satisfy about the physical condition of the books before borrowing otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage later or at the time of return.
- Textbooks – the overdue charges Rs. 2/- per day per book.
- Membership shall be suspended for repeated delay in returning the books.
Use of computers/laptops etc
- Computer in the library should be used for academic purposes only.
- Online chatting/dating, browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Readers should not to share their Internet access ID and Password with other students.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
- Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library.
- Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the Library.
- Students must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, mobiles and wallets etc.
General Reading Hall (24×7)
- The right to use General Reading Hall is exclusively reserved for bonafide students of University.
- Members should produce their Library Membership card in the library.
- Readers should not leave bags/books/copies on the table and cannot claim, capture, and reserve seats for future use.
- The seats are to be used / occupied on the first come first served basis.
- Capturing/reserving seats for friends/future use is strictly prohibited.
- Readers should not scribble on table tops or damage them.
- Readers should not clutter the table with heaps of books and other reading material.
Civic Sense norms
- Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library.
- Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Library membership card is non-transferable.
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material (spiral/bound book/photocopied material) inside the stack section of Library.
- Personal belongings like bags (laptop, shoulder, and sling), umbrellas, etc. should be kept at the Property Counter. These are not allowed inside the Library.
- In case, items kept in the property counter is lost, the article if found later may be claimed with proper identification after producing a written request.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
- Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials etc will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Readers should not carry books from one section to another and should leave the books on the reading table after consulting.
- Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- Library staff shall not transmit telephone calls or other personal messages to the readers.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
- Consultation facility is available for Research Scholars of other Universities/Institutions for a short period.
- The Research Scholars should bring recommendation letter from Supervisor/Guide or letter from the concerned Department/Organization.
- The visiting scholar should bring original and valid photo ID etc.
- All bonafide members of the University can access electronic resources on or off or both the campus. However, bulk copying, systematic downloading or use of electronic materials for commercial purpose is strictly prohibited. Strict action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Reference service is provided for each collection.
- Textbooks for all disciplines are centrally managed and kept in the Textbook Section.
- Students can read their personal books in the General Reading Hall.
- Photocopying facility is available as per Copyright Rules (few pages/chapter of the book/theses and other publication, not more than 25% of total content)
These rules are subject to revision/updation from time to time without assigning any reason.