School of Applied & Life Sciences organised ‘Mann Ki Baat’ session for all students of the school on 5 April 2022. The students gave their points of view on the topic: “Achieving Physical and Mental Fitness in college life”. Students discussed and penned down their feelings regarding the topic. The following suggestions were given by the students:
1. Lunch break should be after three periods instead of four. Having lunch break after three periods will evenly distribute the academic load per day which will ease mental as well as physical pressure on students.
2. Separate common room for girls and boys.
3. Permission to issue library books for more than 20 days.
4. Once a week casuals should be allowed
5. Once a week T- shirt provided with uniforms should be allowed.
6. Information regarding holidays to be provided timely as some need to get reservations done.
7. Students also wanted an educational tour/ visit to be organized for them.
Prof (Dr) Ajay Singh, Dean SALS discussed with students about their problems and assured them that their problems would be taken care of. He even informed them that an educational visit was being planned for them by the end of the coming week. The students of various programmes of the School of Applied & Life Sciences actively participated in the event. The event was organized and coordinated by Prof (Dr) Bharti Ramola who thanked the students for participating in such large numbers. Prof (Dr) V K Srivastav, Dr Nishesh Sharma, Dr Narrottam Singh, Dr Shalu Chaudhary, Dr Mamta Bisht, Dr. Nidhi Sharma, Ms Arshi Siddiqui and Mr Junaid Aman were present on the occasion.