National Collaborations are beneficial to all, from the staff and students to the nation as a whole. Through national level collaborations we can ensure optimum utilization of resources and contribute towards making India a developed nation. At a time in which forming these links has perhaps never been simpler, it has also never been more necessary.
As we know, research work is a continuous process, on various levels, at many places, simultaneously. In any subject or any field, day by day knowledge is adding new dimensions from the corners of the world. Therefore, it becomes very much essential to invent new ways to establish a proper knowledge sharing system and to apply knowledge on practical ground. Collaboration between universities and organizations can play an important role in the field of knowledge sharing.
In Uttaranchal University we believe that as we have our research students and subject experts, every industrial firm has its experts and employees who practically work on projects having working experience of number of years. By collaboration, we can share knowledge and can lead the work in a progressive direction, thus adding a new dimension in knowledge and can establish new standards.
Uttaranchal University has established national collaborations & tie ups with several organizations including :
- Confederation of Indian Industries (CII)
- Indian Institute of Petroleum (CSIR-IIP)
- The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute (CPPRI)
- IIT – Bombay
- IIT- Delhi
- Oracle Workforce Development Programme
- Pharma Instinct Pvt. Ltd., Chandigarh
- Tech Gene Training Research Institute (TGTRI), Dehradun
- Alliance Engineers, Patiala
- Ahluwalia Project Management & Consultancy Pvt. Ltd., Patiala
- Sam Automation Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mohali
- VM Technologies, Chandigarh
- Rapid Solutions, Patiala
- NPTI, Naya Nangala
- Rapture Biotech International Pvt. Ltd., Noida
- Association of Management Development Institutions in south Asia (AMDISA)
- Rab & Rab Associates LLP, Dehradun
- Max Super Speciality Hospital
These collaborations are effective in deepening the knowledge and skills of our students and faculty.
Confederation of Indian Industries (CII)
With the aim of playing a proactive role in India’s development process Uttaranchal University acquired the Membership of Confederation of Indian Industries (CII). Identifying with the objectives of CII, Uttaranchal University intends to endeavor to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering industry, Government, and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.
Being a Member of CII Uttaranchal University has access to the world of opportunities, from networking with the corporate majors of Indian and global industry to assisting in framing economic and industrial policies, through close linkage with the government. CII’s proactive approach focuses on helping the stakeholders increase efficiency and competitiveness through:
- Global trends that affect your business
- Industry best practices on competitiveness
- Improve internal efficiency and productivity
- Get an insight into Government policies and their impact on businesses
- Networking opportunities with Indian and Global Corporate Majors
- Platform to enhance your business and develop newer markets
- Share your best practices with other members
- Help enhance competitiveness of Indian Industry
- Opportunity to give back to society
- Get involved with important initiatives in the areas of Child Education, Women Empowerment, Fight against HIV/AIDS, Disaster management etc.
Indian Institute of Petroleum (CSIR)
Uttaranchal University has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Petroleum (CSIR-IIP) for collaboration in the field of Renewable Energy, Biofuels, Polymers, Organomettalics, Industrial Biotechnology and Biomass to Energy, to list a few.
This MoU will assist in the all round development of post graduate & graduate students. It will further enable the students of the University to do their dissertation work jointly with IIP and facilitate the exchange of faculty, scientists, engineers, samples, materials, instrumental facilities for participation in experimental activities, thus promoting research and development.
Uttaranchal University and Indian Institute of Petroleum (CSIR-IIP), Dehradun can explore opportunities towards organization of seminars, expert guest lectures and workshops jointly.
To facilitate overall development of our Technical Education System through Career Development of teachers and Personality Development of students Uttaranchal University acquired the Institutional Membership of The Indian Society for Technical Education.
Identifying with the objectives of ISTE, Uttaranchal University intends to provide quality training programmes to its teachers and administrators to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organizations.
Being an Institutional Member of The Indian Society for Technical Education Uttaranchal University avails the following benefits :
- Membership of a National Professional Organization
- Inclusion in the academic fraternity of over 1, 00,000 strong professionals
- Preference to attend short-term training programmes for academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities
- Getting monthly e-copy of ISTE Newsletter by email
- Access to Quarterly Indian Journal of Technical Education (at concessional rates)
- Access to many more publications for Self Development, Institution Development, etc. ( at concessional rates)
- Eligible to participate in Chapter Level, Section Level and National Level Conferences, Workshops and other activities of your academic interest
Educational Institution Member of Computer Society of India
Educational Institution Membership enables Uttaranchal University to be a part of the distinguished fraternity of famous IT industry leaders, brilliant scientists and dedicated academicians through Networking. It ensures professional development at individual level, training and certification in futuristic areas, exposure to international competitions, association with international bodies and access to various publications.
Being an Educational Institution Member of Computer Society of India Uttaranchal University avails the following benefits :
- Recognition by Accreditation bodies for association with a professional organization
- Grant of Free nominee membership to three faculty members with voting rights & log-in privilege on CSI knowledge portal
- 4 copies of CSI Communications every month
- Access to CSI knowledge portal and distinguished speaker list and eligibility for volunteering to be a speaker.
- Eligibility to apply for assistance to attend International conferences
- Concessional rates for CSI Conferences and Tutorials for nominees
- Eligibility to publish articles in CSI communications and Transactions for nominees
- Discounted IEEE membership rate for faculty
- Reciprocal membership of BCS, ACS and subsidized product offerings by them
- Benefits available through CSI-IFIP, C-DAC, PMI & Microsoft collaboration
Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute (CPPRI)
Uttaranchal University has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute (CPPRI), Sahararanpur (UP) for collaboration and exchange programs in the field of Chemistry, Environment, & Biotechnology under the aegis of Department of Applied Science. CPPRI is a national level institute established in 1980 as an autonomous body under the administrative control of Ministry of Industry, Govt. of India. It promotes R&D in the field of pulp & paper.
Students of M.Sc.(Industrial Chemistry) were also permitted to undertake training or project work in CPPRI..
FOSS in Collaboration with IIT, Bombay
Uttaranchal University is in collaboration with IIT Bombay in IIT- Bombay Spoken Tutorial Project – FOSS. This is a project of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, with IIT Bombay as a knowledge partner.
Spoken Tutorial is a magical Audio Video teaching tool, promoting ICT enabled learning. They train in simple steps moving from simple to complex levels and gives practical training to the theoretical concepts. As a result students can quickly improve their knowledge about the course. The language used is simple and the tutorials ensure that ample instructions and practice is provided to guarantee self-learning .Self-Training can improve student’s IT/ programming/ simulation skills and also their employment potential.
The salient features of the project are as follows:
- As a Knowledge Partner with the Directorate of Higher Education (DHE), Uttarakhand, Spoken Tutorial offers free software training on many useful and popular software, for example, Linux, Libre Office (Open Source alternative of MS Office), C, C++, Java, Python, PHP & MYSQL, Blender (Open Source alternative for 3D Max, Maya), GIMP (open Source alternative for Photoshop) etc. are offered along with certificates, free of cost.
- These courses are relevant to all streams such as Arts, Science, Commerce, Law etc., and can be learnt without the need of any expert trainer at the centre.
Benefits to the students:
- Students and teachers will receive hands- on training on useful software, absolutely free of cost. As a part of this training program certificates will be awarded by Spoken Tutorial Project IIT- Bombay.
- These courses are very popular in job market and are offered to engineering as well as non engineering students, irrespective of their stream or branch. These courses will enhance the employability of students.
Virtual Labs in Collaboration with IIT- Delhi
Uttaranchal University has set up a Virtual Lab Centre in the University under the mentorship of IIT, Delhi which is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under the National Mission on Education through ICT.
Physical distance and the lack of resources make it difficult for us to perform experiments, especially when they involve sophisticated instruments. With the present day internet and computer technologies the above limitations can no longer hamper students and researchers in enhancing their skills and knowledge. Web enabled experiments can be designed for remote operation and viewing so as to stimulate the curiosity and innovation in students. This would help in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation. Internet-based experimentation further permits use of resources – knowledge, software, and data available on the web, in addition to encouraging skillful experiments being simultaneously performed at points separated in space (and possibly, time).
Objectives of the Virtual Labs:
- It provides remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to the needs of students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars.
- Students are motivated to conduct experiments by arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation.
- Complete Learning Management System is available around the Virtual Labs where the students can get the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self evaluation.
- Students can enjoy the costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to limited number of users due to constraints of time and geographical distance.
Salient Features of the Virtual Labs:
- Remotely triggering an experiment in an actual lab and providing the student the result of the experiment through the computer interface. This would entail carrying out the actual lab experiment remotely.
- Virtual Labs will be made more effective and realistic by providing additional inputs to the students, like, accompanying audio and video streaming of an actual lab experiment and equipment.
- For the ‘touch and feel’ part, the students can possibly visit an actual laboratory for a short duration of time.
Oracle Workforce Development Programme in Collaboration with Oracle University
Uttaranchal University has signed a MOU with Oracle University, a Workforce Development Program which provides education and certification program that is relevant to job skills, much required in an increasingly competitive work environment. Oracle’s Workforce Development Program (WDP) enables educational institutions to offer authorized Oracle training content as a part of existing certificate, diploma, and degree programs.
The objective of WDP is to enable educational institutions to deliver Oracle training to students in their campus at an affordable cost. These programs address the growing shortage of skilled employees in the global technology industry by enabling education programs to offer Oracle training. Along with training the certification provided will be an added advantage for IT professionals to gain a valuable job.
Oracle Workforce Development Program offers a list of courses such as :
- Oracle Database 10g: New Features for Administrators Ed 2.1 English Student Kit
- Oracle Database 10g: Introduction to SQL 3.0 English Student Kit
- Oracle Database 10g: Administration Workshop I 3.1 English Student Kit
- Oracle Database 10g: Administration Workshop II 1 English Student Kit
- Oracle Database 10g:Program with PL/SQL 2.1 English Student Kit
- Oracle Forms Developer 10g: Build Internet Applications 2.0 English Student Kit
- Oracle Reports Developer 10g: Build Reports English Student Kit
- Oracle Database 11g: Introduction to SQL 2.0 English student Kit
- Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators Ed 2.1
- Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals II Self-Study Media Pack
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Ed 2.0 English Student Kit
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Ed 2.0 English Student Kit
- Oracle Database 11g: Performance Tuning, 2.0 English student Kit
- Fundamentals of Java programming language, Java SE 6, 1.1 English student Kit
- Java Programming Language, Java SE 6, 1.1 English student Kit
- Developing Applications for the Java EE 6 Platform, 2.0 English Student Kit
- Web Component Development with Servlets & JSPs, Java EE 6, 1.1 English Student Kit
- Business Component Development with EJB Technology, Java EE 6.1.1 English Student Kit.
- MySQL for Developers 1.0 English Student Kit
- MySQL and PHP – Developing Dynamic Web Applications 1.0 English Student Kit
- Java SE 7 Programming 2.0 English Student Kit
- Java SE 7 Fundamentals 0 English Student Kit
- Java SE 7 New Features 2.0 English student Kit
Students can benefit from comprehensive lab-based, hands-on practice with Oracle software & hardware from the program by having access to Oracle curriculum, and e-Courseware from Oracle.
Healthcare Services Tie Up with Max Super Speciality Hospital
Uttaranchal University has a Healthcare Services Tie Up with Max Super Speciality Hospital, Dehradun. With this Tie Up Uttaranchal University aims to provide the best healthcare service to its employees, students and beneficiary.
Following discounted services will be offered at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Dehradun :
Offer I – Max Preventive Health Check Packages
Offer II- OPD Services / Eye Procedures
Offer III – Hospitalization Services / Emergency Services