Uttaranchal University has established a start up, incubation and entrepreneur cell to promote nurturing, instructive and supportive expertise to our students during the critical stages of starting up a new venture.
To bring uniformity in the identified enterprises, Ministry of Commerce and Industries (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion) on 17th February, 2016 has notified which entity which will be considered as a ‘startup’ in the in the Gazette of India. This was done as per launch “Startup India” by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on 16th January 2016.
In order to provide sustainable impetus to the initiation of startups and boost innovation, it is important that the budding student entrepreneurs gets right kind of guidance and help at their campus.
- To encourage student and faculty to pursue innovation and entrepreneurship.
- To inspire students and faculty to enhance employability and entrepreneurial capability among students.
- To foster an ecosystem to generate ideas across disciplines that can be transformed into successful innovative technologies, products and services
- To develop mechanism for technology development and technology transfers. v. To provide mentorship, guidance and support to create start-ups.
- To collaborate with various government departments, research organisations, industry and funding agencies to promote and support innovation, technology development and startups.
- To create an institutional framework for effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of this policy.