Mann Ki Baat (Inner Thoughts) is an Indian Radio Programme hosted by Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi wherein he addresses the people of the nation on All India Radio, DD National and DD News. The programme deals with the basic topics related to Indians and their lifestyle. Keeping in view, the popularity of the show, School of Applied and Life Sciences also decided to have a “Mann Ki Baat” with the students to know their inner thoughts and their problems related to their academic and campus life. A “Mann Ki Baat” Session was held on 7th March, 2020 just after the First Sessional Examination of Even Semester 2020. All the students were informed to meet the Dean and the Faculty Members in the Seminar Hall. Class Representatives along with students of various classes participated in the session and put forward their views. Students of M.Sc. programmes suggested keeping a day in the week for activity. The programme was conducted under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Ajay Singh (Dean-SALS) and Heads of Departments. Dr. V.K. Srivastava, Dr. Bhupendra Rawat, Dr. Nishesh Sharma, Dr. Bharti Ramola, Dr. Poonam Negi, Dr. Shilpa Sharma, Dr. Waseem Ahmed and other faculty members were present during the programme. The thoughts shared by students were as follows:
- Mostly students were in favor of keeping teaching off on Saturday.
- They were of the opinion that only one paper should be conducted per day during Sessional Examination.
- The students were concerned about the rising cases of COVID-19.
- Students suggested for regular and daily sanitization of college premises.
- They wanted to wear casuals or sport dress on any one day of the week
At the end, the Dean convinced the students that the suggestions made by them would be looked into and acted upon.