In today’s competitive world, with increasing work pressure, it has become crucial to balance personal emotions with ethics at the workplace. A higher level of emotional intelligence is required to develop a culture of teamwork and be helpful in managing stress to achieve professional objectives at the workplace. Keeping this in mind, the School of Liberal Arts, Uttaranchal University inaugurated a 14 Day Faculty Development Program on the theme: “Social and Emotional Intelligence to Inculcate Workplace Ethics”. The virtual inaugural program started at 11:00 am today, 2 August 2022 at MS Teams. The program started with virtual Lamp Lighting by Prof Satbir Sehgal, Vice President, Uttaranchal University, Pro Vice-Chancellor Prof Rajesh Bahuguna, Prof Shravan Kumar, Dean SLA. The virtual lamp lighting was followed by the virtual curtain. The formal welcome address was offered by Prof Shravan Kumar, Convener and Dean School of Liberal Arts. He welcomed all the delegates and participants who joined the program from more than 11 states of the country. He stressed the upsurging demand of striking a balance between fear and desire. Pro Vice-Chancellor, Prof Rajesh Bahuguna congratulated the organizing team for bringing out the most demanding topic for the deliberations. Prof S Sehgal reiterated the process of Unlearning, Relearning and Learning through this FDP.
This FDP aimed to develop a culture of teamwork that can be helpful in managing stress to achieve professional objectives at the workplace. In today’s competitive world, it becomes crucial to balance personal emotions with ethics at the workplace due to increasing work pressure. A higher level of emotional intelligence is needed to improve interpersonal and professional relations, social skills, self-motivation and to make better decisions. The faculty members have understood the need of emotional intelligence at workplace in order to inculcate professional ethics and create effective leaders in the organization.
The keynote speakers for the FDP from International Level were:
1) Prof Puneet Bindlish, Vrije University, Netherlands
2) Dr Ajit Kumar Mishra, Department of Humanistic Studies, IIT BHU
3) Dr Paran Gowda, University of Patanjali, Haridwar
4) Mr Ranvijay Singh, KKM College, Munger
5) Mr William Dutton, University of Southern California, United Kingdom
6) Dr Santosh Kumar Vishvakarma, DSVV, Haridwar
7) Dr Parul Dixit, DAV (PG) College, Dehradun
8) Dr Neelima Sharma, Trinity College, London
9) Prof Archana Masih, DIMS, Dehradun
10) Mr Deb Dulal Haldar, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi
11) Dr Anita Yadav, IGU, Meerpur, Rewari
12) Mr Babuli Naik, Delhi University
Dr Reeta Rautela proposed a vote of thanks to all the guest speakers and the participants for making it a success. The FDP was coordinated by Dr Reeta Rautela, Head, the School of Liberal Arts and Dr Pinky Chugh. All the members of the faculty have participated in the FDP.