A 14-Days Faculty Development Programme on ‘Virtualization & Cloud Computing- Fundamentals & Practical Approach’ was organized by Uttaranchal Institute of Management from 15 June to 28 June, 2016.
Dr. Sonal Sharma (HOD-IT) was the Master of Ceremony. She expressed her gratitude towards Hon’ble Vice Chancellor Prof. (Dr.) S.C Joshi for his support in organizing the Training Programme. She also thanked Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Suri for his leadership and Dr. Mayank Agarwal, Associate Professor & Head Dept. of Computer Sc. & Engineering, Gurukul Kangri University for his wonderful teaching.
She further summarized the skills addressed and developed in the programme, listing them as follows:
- Cloud Fundamentals.
- Virtualization, VM Deployment in an open source Cloud Stack.
- High performance Storage Support for Scientific Applications on the Cloud. Virtualization of Data centers.
Study of Cloud Computing Systems like Amazon EC2 and S3 Google App engine and Microsoft Azure.
- Practical session on Amazon Cloud web services and Virtualization Deployment of Web services from inside and outside a Cloud Architecture.
- Grid of Cloud, Green Cloud Cloud Computing Fog/Edge Computing.
- CloudSim Layered Architecture Security issues, Mobile Cloud computing.
- Scheduling and performance study in CloudSim HDFS & GFS.
- Deploying web application, implementing web service: Soap.
- Testing in the Cloud Monitoring Cloud based Services, Virtual Machine migration and power management.
In his address, Prof. (Dr.) S.C. Joshi welcomed all the participants and emphasized upon the need of suchprogrammes for the overall growth of faculty members and expressed his conviction that such programmes add valued to their stature. He further stated that, Cloud Computing is perhaps the most flamboyant technological innovation of the 21st century because it has seen the fastest adoption into the mainstream than any other technology in the domain. He expressed that it was therefore worthwhile to have conducted a Training Programme on the specified subject.
Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Suri addressed the audience regarding the significance of such FDPs. He further informed that it is an opportunity for all of us to learn and use this new technology. He opined that to excel in our careers, we need to explore this avenue.
Thereafter, Vice Chancellor Prof. (Dr.) S.C Joshi distributed Participation Certificates to all the participants of the Training Programme.
Dr. Sonal Sharma thanked all for their active participation in the programme, thus, making it a success.