The GLOBE Club of Uttaranchal Institute of Management conducted a ‘Shiksha Daan’ Activity on 7th September, 2019, with a view to educate and also to create awareness among the young students of a school run by ‘Akhil Bhartiya Mahila Ashram’ Dehradun about the issues like health, hygiene and environment.
The activity was conducted under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Suri (Director, UIM) and it was executed with the coordinated efforts of the entire GLOBE Club members, namely, Mr. Rohit Dhiman, Mr. Mayank Pant, Ms. Sangeeta Sundriyal, Ms. Anu Suyal, Dr. Deepa Bisht, Dr. Monisha Awasthi and with support of Mr. Ravindra Singh Rawat (Incharge – Cultural and Academic Events).
It was conducted in collaboration with a Dehradun-based NGO ‘Shri Nityanand Swami Jan Sewa Samiti’ with the support of Shri. Vinayak Sharma (President, Jai Youth Wing of the Society), his team-members and Mrs. Vina Sharma, Principal of the school.
The student volunteers of UIM interacted with the school students and educated them about the importance of engaging in physical activities and maintaining good health and hygiene by conducting two different activities, namely, class room sessions through power point presentations on ‘Dengue Awareness’ and Sports & Physical Exercise.
The volunteer students included:
- Ms.Vaishali Dani B.Com (Honors) III Year
- Ms.Vandana Gulati B.Com (Honors) III Year
- Ms.Soumya Shukla B.Com (Honors) III Year
- Ms.Soumya Suyal B.Com (Honors) III Year
- Mr.Harshit Kumar B.Com (Honors) III Year
- Ms.Neha Darmwal B.Com (Honors) III Year
- Mr.Shivek Aggarwal B.Com (Honors) III Year
- Ms. Rakhi Rawat B.Com (Honors) III Year
- Mr.Ajeet Pratap Singh BBA I Year
The club has resolved to organise similar activities on every Saturday.