Uttaranchal University celebrated the 50th Anniversary of Engineers Day in India and 157th Birth Anniversary of Bharat Ratna, Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya, known to be the greatest engineers of all times. With his vision and dedication in the field of Engineering he made exceptional contributions and was internationally popular for harnessing water resources in India. On this day we acknowledge the achievements of engineers and celebrate the engineering profession.
The event was ceremoniously inaugurated by the Chief Guest, Padmashree Dr. Anil Joshi, Chancellor Mr. Jitender Joshi, Vice Chancellor Prof. (Dr.) N.K. Joshi and Director – Student Affairs and IT Services Dr. Abhishek Joshi.
The Chief Guest of the event Padmashree Dr. Anil Joshi is a well-known Green Activist, a famous Social Worker, an expert Botanist and the founder of Himalayan Environmental Studies & Conservation Organization (HESCO). He is involved in the development of environmentally sustainable technologies for the agricultural sector. Padmashree Dr. Anil Joshi shared his experiences with the students and discussed on the key issues related to environment sustenance. He shared his vision with the new generation and called upon them to do contribute their best towards environment conservation.
Reflecting the same, a famous quote says, “Engineering is the professional art of applying science to the optimum conversion of natural resources to the benefit of man.” Engineers are in reality the backbone of development and technology. An Engineer’s competence fills the gap between science, technology and community and hence plays a very significant role in every walk of our lives.
The students, faculty members and staff of Uttaranchal Institute of Technology celebrated Engineers Day by organizing and participating in a series of academic and non-academic events. Upholding the true spirit of engineering varied events were organized which included:
- Model Presentation organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Robo Race organized by the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mock Placement organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- LAN Gaming (Mission Mania 2.0) organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Technical Quiz (Technospark) organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Cook without Fire (The Raw) organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Best out of Waste organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Talent Showcase organized by the Department of Electrical Engineering
- Street Singing organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Exhibition of entries of Sketching Competition organized by the Department of Electrical Engineering
- Fun Games : Glass Breaking, Strength Based, Lemon Spoon, Lipstick under my Burkha and Paper Fold Dance organized by the Department of Civil Engineering
The Inaugural Ceremony was anchored by Dr. Shriya Goyal (Head – Department of Humanities) and was coordinated by all the Faculty Members of the Department of Humanities.
The celebrations of the day reflected the spirit of the old saying that “engineers rule the world”. The event attained its objective under the apt guidance of the Honorable Chief Guest making the students realize that they were all on their way to become engineers, and therefore should avow to use their knowledge and competence for the welfare of the society and mankind.
Prof. (Dr.) Ajay Singh, Principal – Uttaranchal College of Applied & Life Sciences, Dr. Shriya Goyal (Head- Department of Humanities), Mr. Sanjeev Kumar Joshi (Head- Department of Mechanical Engineering), Dr. Sumit Chaudhary (Head- Department of Computer Science and Engineering), Mr. Devender Singh (Head- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering), Mr. Amit Kumar Sharma (Head- Department of Electrical Engineering), Mr. Amit Bhauguna (Head- Department of Civil Engineering), Mr. Adesh Kumar (Head-Department of Petroleum Engineering) along with all the Faculty Members and Students of Uttaranchal Institute of Technology were present on the occasion.